To store your cryptocurrency, you will need to put them inside a cryptocurrency wallet. Although many exchanges offer to store your assets on their platform, this option is not the safest and is not recommended for people who have large sums invested. There are many options that are safer than keeping your cryptocurrency on an exchange.
Hardware cryptocurrency wallets are considered the safest alternative for storing your coins. In these wallets, your private key is stored in a secure hardware device.
- Immune to computer viruses as opposed to software wallets
- Can be used securely and interactively unlike paper wallets which must be imported to a software at some point
- Less prone to being damaged compared to paper wallets
Ledger Nano S Cryptocurrency Wallet
Ledger Nano S is a secure hardware cryptocurrency wallet. It connects to any computer through USB and embeds a built-in OLED display to double-check and confirm each transaction with a single tap on its buttons. It is architectured around a Secure Element (ST31 family) and built on top of the BOLOS platform, a powerful and flexible Operating System allowing the secure execution of multiple Open Source applications in full isolation.
- cryptographic secrets protected by a secure chip
- open source embedded Bitcoin app
- Possibility to store many different altcoins
- Confirmation of transactions on the embedded screen
- Built-in 4 digits PIN security lock
- Built-in onboarding (seed generation and recovery)
- BIP39 seed (12/18/24 words), easy backup and restoration
Ledger Blue Cryptocurrency Wallet
Ledger Blue is the most advanced hardware cryptocurrency wallet on the market. It boasts multi application execution, and packs enterprise-level crypto-capabilities into a lightweight handheld device designed and crafted in France. It is built around a Secure Element, featuring a touchscreen and USB & Bluetooth* connectivity.
This high-end device embeds a large touchscreen to securely manage transactions and complex smart contracts. Its slick yet robust casing encloses the best-in-class technology built upon the Blockchain Open Ledger (BOLOS) platform, a powerful and flexible operating system.