TRON wants to be a decentralized platform that uses blockchain and peer-to-peer networks to share and monetize entertainment content. TRONIX (TRX) is the official currency of the project. It was founded by the Tron foundation, a non-profit organization based in Singapore.
Right now, a big percentage of the traffic and data on the internet is owned by a few companies such as Google, Facebook and Amazon. TRON wants to give the control back to the content creators by giving them the ownership of the data.
TRON will do this by integrating distributed data storage on an open-source, distributed platform that will allow content creators to remove the middlemen (Google Play, Apple Store, etc.) from the equation. This will allow them to have complete control of the funds and data that they earn from their clients.
According to the TRON whitepaper, “TRON’s team members are followers of Sir Tim Berners-Lee (inventor of the internet), who are convinced that protocol, from the moment of its invention, is an asset for human beings, rather than a profit-making tool for small groups.”
3 different tokens
- TRONIX (TRX) is a cryptocurrency that has a value based on maket equilibrium and is available on cryptocurrency exchanges. It will be essential to the ecosystem as a means of exchange.
- TRON 20 Token will allow the content creators to make custom tokens on the platform (similar to ERC20 tokens). I holds a value that is based on market equilibrium.
- TP TRON are obtained by staking (locking in a dedicated wallet) TRX tokens. Having more TP will give users more power on the platform, such as a better reputation and more voting influence.
“Heal the Internet”
One of TRON’s objective, according to their whitepaper, is to “heal the internet” with 4 important features:
- Data Liberation: Decentralized and free data.
- Creating a decentralized content creation platform on which users can earn revenue from posting and spreading content.
- Every user and content creator can start his own ICO and distribute digital currency.
- Ecosystem to allow distributed digital assets exchange and market predicitons.
6 “Stages” of the TRON Ecosystem
- Exodus (2017-2018): Free platform that allows peer-to-peer content, storage and distribution.
- Odyssey (2019-2020): Similar system to Proof-of-Stake is introduced reward content creators.
- Great Voyage (2020-2021): Capacity to create individual ICOs.
- Apollo (2021-2023): Content producers are able to create their own tokens (TRON20).
- Star Treck (2023-2025): Decentralized forecasting and gaming platform.
- Eternity (2023-2025): Ability to fundraise and monetize based on community growth.
The team behind TRON has a clear long-term vision of the platform and the TRX cryptocurrency. They have numerous partnerships with influential Chinese businesses. If it delivers on the expectations, TRON could be one of the projects to watch in the blockchain industry in the future.